1. Do you recommend purchasing tickets in advance?
Advance ticket purchase is highly recommended.
2. Is there assigned seating on the train?
Yes, seats are assigned except for some coach seating during the December Holiday Express rides.
3. When do I need to arrive at the depot?
Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the departure time. That will give you time to get parked, pick up your tickets at the ticket window, and use the restroom before boarding. You can browse our gift shop and museum while waiting to board.
4. Is there parking available on site?
Free parking is available. Street parking is also available.
5. Are strollers permitted?
Strollers will be stored until we arrive at the destination or return back to the depot.
6. Is the train handicap accessible?
Due to the historic nature of the passenger equipment, the excursion train has limited handicap accessibility. Normal boarding is via stairs. A wheelchair lift is available at the Springdale and Van Buren depots (advance notice is appreciated). Please book Premium Car #107 if in a wheelchair or scooter, and indicate when booking that ADA assistance is requested. Restrooms on the train are not wheelchair accessible. Wheelchair accessible restrooms are available at the depots. Please contact the ticket office (479-725-4017) for further assistance.
7. Are pets allowed?
Unfortunately, pets are not allowed. Only service animals are permitted. Please let us know if you will be bringing a service animal.
8. Will we be getting off the train?
The Springdale to Van Buren trip has a 3 hour layover in Van Buren.
Van Buren to Winslow is a scenic trip with no layover.
9. Will my tickets be mailed to me?
No. Tickets are held at Will Call and picked up at the depot on the day of your ride.
10. Are the train rides round trip?
Yes. Unless otherwise noted, all train rides are round trip.
11. How do I get there?
Click here for directions
12. Is there available lodging in the area?
Click here for lodging
13. Can I purchase gift certificates?
Yes, gift certificates are available for all occasions. To purchase, please contact at +1.479.725.4017 or email at email@example.com
14. Is the train air-conditioned or heated?
Yes, the cars are climate controlled.
15. Are restrooms located on the train?
Yes, restrooms are located on the train. Please note that restrooms on the train are not wheelchair accessible. Wheelchair accessible restrooms are available at the depot.
16. How many people are required to receive the “Group Rate” on a train?
Fifteen or more people in a party qualify for the group rate. Please call 479-725-4017 for more information about group rates, or to make a reservation.
17. What is your refund policy?
Tickets are non-refundable unless canceled two days (48 hours) prior to departure. If you miss the train, please call 479-725-4017 to reschedule for a different day based on availability.
18. Can I reschedule or exchange the tickets?
Yes, you can reschedule or exchange the tickets. The first exchange fee is on us but the second exchange fee will be charged $1 per reservation.
For your convenience:
- Limited handicap accessibility; please inform us at the time of reservations.
- Gift Certificates available for all occasions.
- Gift Shop and museum located at the Springdale depot.
- No refunds will be given for cancellations or changes made within 48 hours of excursion
- No refunds for special events or fundraisers
- Arrival and departure times are approximate
- No smoking, drinking, or pets allowed on train
- By purchasing a ticket you agree to allow A&M and/or their representatives to use any photos taken for promotional or advertising purposes
- Not responsible for lost or stolen items
- The excursion train operates on a working railroad. Schedules are adhered to as closely as possible.
- Delays may be encountered. A&M reserves the right to alter and change schedules as necessary
- Refreshments are available for purchase onboard. Please bring cash; small bills appreciated.
- Free parking is available at the Springdale depot
- Free parking and trolley rides are available in downtown Van Buren
- Limited handicap accessibility, please inform the ticket agent at the time of reservations. Lifts are available in Springdale & Van Buren only
- Rates and schedules are subject to change
- No weapons, smoking, drinking or pets allowed on board
- Schedules are adhered to as closely as possible. Delays may be encountered due to freight operations and track maintenance
- A&M reserves the right to alter and change schedules or routes as necessary without notice
- The train operates rain or shine